Incredibly tasty and so easy to make, these Fried Potatoes with Mushrooms will impress even the pickiest eater!
This simple recipe, which I am about to share with you today, is hands-down, one of the easiest potato recipes ever and, by far, my favorite. My mom has been making these Fried Potatoes with Mushrooms for as long as I can remember, and now I am making it at least once a week. It is TASTY!
The most important step in this recipe is the frying. To get that golden crust and cook the potatoes properly, you must use a good, non-stick skillet, fry the potatoes on medium-high heat, and don’t stir too often. You should fry the potatoes for about a minute, just until the crust forms on the bottom, and then stir it gently, turning the golden crust towards the top. Just be patient, keep frying and flipping the potatoes, and you’ll be rewarded with a delicious meal!
To make these Fried Potatoes with Mushrooms you’ll need:
- 10 oz. of sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 lb. russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- chopped parsley to garnish
1. In a large, non-stick skillet, cook the mushrooms with 1 tbsp. of oil on medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes. Add a pinch of salt, and stir. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and set aside.
2. Peel the potatoes and slice into fairly thin pieces, as shown on a photo below. (I usually peel and cut the potatoes while mushrooms are cooking).
3. Add the 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and potatoes to the same skillet. Fry the potatoes on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring gently every minute as the golden crust forms on the bottom.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked through, turn off the heat, add the garlic and salt to taste, and give it a final (gentle!) stir.
5. Place the mushrooms on top and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
6. Enjoy your Fried Potatoes with Mushrooms, and don’t forget to share with others! 🙂
Check out these recipes