Healthy and so easy to make, this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad makes a perfect lunch or dinner. All the flavors of Mediterranean cuisine in one bowl!
I’ve been on a roll in the kitchen this last week when it comes to making healthy salads. This tasty Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is just one of my recent successes. It combines all my favorite flavors and it is filling and so nutritious.
I know a lot of people who do not like quinoa. I personally love this wonder grain and eat it quite often. My favorite way to enjoy it is adding it to a salad. I recently made this Greek Salad with Quinoa and it turned out very tasty too. This Mediterranean Quinoa salad I am sharing with you today is made with simple ingredients and it tastes fantastic. Even if you are one of those people who do not like quinoa, I suspect you'll still enjoy this salad. Give it a try.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Video Tutorial
- Quinoa is one of the healthiest grains you can find.
- It is a great source of protein, fiber, iron, copper, thiamin, and vitamin B6.
- It is very high in fiber, much higher than most grains
- It is gluten-free
- There are over 100 types of quinoa, but white and red grains are the most popular in the US. While the white variety is more flavorful, the red contains more nutrients.
- Quinoa can help lose weight
If you'd like to learn more about quinoa, check out this article by Forbes: 7 Benefits Of Quinoa: The Supergrain Of The Future
About Feta Cheese
I recommend using a good quality feta cheese, as it makes a world of a difference. Try to find the kind that is sold in blocks and stored in brine. I purchase feta cheese from a local Bulgarian store, but you can find it in big health food stores or you can order feta cheese from Amazon
Ingredients Needed for the Salad
How to make this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
1. To a medium bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Mix everything gently and enjoy.
Try these tasty recipes:
- Jennifer Aniston Salad
- Greek Orzo Salad
- Spanakorizo (Greek Spinach Rice)
- Baked Mediterranean Vegetables
- Easy Mediterranean Tomato Feta Dip
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
For the salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about ¼ cup when uncooked)
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup roasted peppers, sliced
- ½ cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbles
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- To a medium bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Mix everything gently and enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.