Healthy and so easy to make, this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad makes a perfect lunch or dinner. All the flavors of Mediterranean cuisine in one bowl!
I’ve been on a roll in the kitchen this last week when it comes to making healthy salads. This tasty Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is just one of my recent successes. It combines all my favorite flavors and it is filling and so nutritious.
I know a lot of people who do not like quinoa. I personally love this wonder-grain and eat it quite often. My favorite way to enjoy it is adding it to a salad. I recently made this Greek Salad with Quinoa and it turned out very tasty too. This Mediterranean Quinoa salad I am sharing with you today is made with simple ingredients and it tastes fantastic. Even if you are one of those people who do not like quinoa, I suspect you’ll still enjoy this salad. Give it a try.
- Quinoa is one of the healthiest grains you can find.
- It is a great source of protein, fiber, iron, copper, thiamin and vitamin B6.
- It is very high in fiber, much higher than most grains
- It is gluten-free
- There are over 100 types of quinoa, but white and red grains are most popular in the US. While the white variety is more flavorful, the red contains more nutrients.
- Quinoa can help lose weight
If you’d like to learn more about quinoa, check out this article by Forbes: 7 Benefits Of Quinoa: The Supergrain Of The Future
I recommend using a good quality feta cheese, as it makes a world of a difference. Try to find the kind that is sold in blocks and stored in brine. I purchase feta cheese from a local Bulgarian store, but you can find it in big health food stores or you can order feta cheese from Amazon
HOW TO MAKE MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD
1. Start by boiling the quinoa in slightly salted water for 15-20 minutes, until it’s cooked through. Transfer the quinoa onto a plate and let it cool.
2. While the quinoa is cooling down, prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together.
3. Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the quinoa and pour the dressing on top.
4. Mix everything together and enjoy!
Try these tasty recipes:
- Greek Salad with Quinoa
- Spanakorizo (Greek Spinach Rice)
- Baked Mediterranean Vegetables
- Easy Mediterranean Tomato Feta Dip
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Video Tutorial
Mediterranean Quinoa SaladPrint Pin Rate
For the salad
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt, pepper
- Start by boiling the quinoa in slightly salted water according to the package instructions (15-20 minutes). Once cooked, drain and let it cool.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
- in a medium bowl, combine quinoa and the rest of the salad ingredients and pour the dressing on top. Mix everything gently and enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.