This mouthwatering Cabbage with Ribs recipe is a life-changer! Delicious cabbage stewed, and then baked to perfection with tender and succulent ribs.
Sautéed cabbage is one of the most loved recipes in my family. I usually cook it with chicken, but recently, my mother-in-law came to visit us from Bulgaria. When she cooked this Cabbage with Ribs, we all fell in love with it instantly. This is hands down, the tastiest dish I have eaten this year!
It takes a little time to cook this yumminess, but the wait is really worth it. First, the cabbage will be stewed with ribs on the stove, and then baked for an additional 20 minutes in the oven. The meat will be very soft and falling off the bone, and the cabbage will be full of flavor.
So, without further ado, I present to you CABBAGE WITH RIBS. Let’s start cooking!
The ingredient list is pretty short and simple:
- 1 large head of cabbage, sliced like for coleslaw
- 2 lbs. of pork ribs, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. of sweet, non-spicy paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, to garnish
1. In a large pot, heat up the vegetable oil and sear the ribs on both sides. Season the ribs generously with salt and pepper and then remove them from the pot.
2. To the same pot, add the cabbage, and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until it shrinks down. You may have to add it gradually, allowing it to shrink more and more, if your pot is not big enough.
3. Add the tomato paste and paprika, and stir well. Place the ribs on top and add about 3 cups of water. (The water should completely cover the cabbage). Cover with a tight lid and cook for 1 1/2 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat becomes tender. Taste if the dish has enough salt and adjust, if needed.
4. Transfer the cabbage into a large baking dish or tray. You should have a little liquid remaining at this point. Bake at 450⁰F for about 15-20 minutes, until the liquid completely evaporates.
5. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE WITH RIBS
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.
PIN THIS RECIPE