Very tender and so flavorful, these Easy Chicken Kebabs are a MUST TRY this summer! This is my go-to kebab recipe.
I use this Easy Chicken Kebab recipe very often during the grilling season. It requires only 7 ingredients and has never failed me. The chicken always turns out tender and succulent and it pairs so well with the sweet bell peppers. I have absolutely no doubt that you are going to LOVE this!
WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN TO USE?
To make these tasty kebabs, you will need some chicken. I am always using chicken thighs because they make really soft and juicy kebabs. Of course, chicken breast is a bit of a healthier option, and you are welcome to use it instead, but your kebab will come out a little dry. If you do decide to use chicken breast, make sure you marinate it for at least 4 hours, or, better yet, overnight.
I use chicken thighs most of the time, and I still prefer to marinate these kebabs overnight, although, even 2 hours would be enough. The more you keep the meat in the marinade, the happier you’ll be with the result. 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN KEBAB
1. Place the chicken pieces in the large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything well. Cover, and refrigerate for between 2 to 24 hours to let it marinate.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken and peppers onto the skewers.
3. Oil the grilling grate. Cook for about 7 minutes on each side, until the chicken is well done.
HOW TO GRILL CHICKEN KEBABS?
You can cook these using an outdoor grill or pan-grill on the stove if you don’t have an outdoor grill. Just make sure you have a large, non-stick (!) grill pan. Here is the one I recommend.
To cook these kebabs on the stove, heat the grill pan to medium. Cook the skewers for about 6-7 minutes per side, depending on how large the chicken pieces are. If the chicken starts burning but it’s not cooked through, just transfer the grill pan to an oven and cook at 350F for another 4-7 minutes.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN KEBABS IN THE OVEN?
These kebabs could be baked in the oven too. Just place the skewers in the pre-heated 450-degree oven on the center rack. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, and then turn over. Bake for another 10-15 minutes(depending on the size of the chicken chunks). Check the chicken on a few of the skewers to make sure it is thoroughly cooked.
WHAT TO SERVE CHICKEN KEBABS WITH?
- Tomato Avocado Salad
- Easy Baked Cabbage
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Dip them in this Chermoula Sauce!
CHICKEN KEBAB FAQ:
- Can I use other veggies? Absolutely! Onions and mushrooms work so well in this recipe! You may even double the veggies. Just remember to double the marinade too.
- What if I don't have an outdoor grill? You may pan-grill these chicken kebabs or cook them in the oven. Follow the instructions above.
- How long can these chicken kebabs stay in the refrigerator? Uncooked kebabs will stay refrigerated in marinate for 2 days. Cooked kebabs will stay for 3 days.
More chicken recipes you'll love:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Baked Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken and Yellow Rice Skillet
- Chicken Stew
- Chicken Rice Casserole
- Apricot BBQ Chicken Tenders
Easy Chicken Kebabs
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into medium pieces
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 multicolored bell peppers, cut into medium pieces
- Place the chicken pieces in the large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything well. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours (the longer, the better).
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken and peppers onto the skewers.
- Oil the grilling grate. Cook for about 7 minutes on each side, until the chicken is well done.
can this recipe be used for white meat chicken?
Tania Sheff says
Hi Connie! Yes. Happy cooking!
Hi, as i don't like bell peppers do you think i could use button mushrooms, Courgettes (Zuccini) and diced onions instead, Thank you
Great recipe .I added onion chunks and pineapple chunks..
Tania Sheff says
Judy C says
Chicken was melt-in-your-mouth tender…..flavor of everything great. Recipe is perfect as is… I did add some onion chunks and zucchini….came out super!
Tania Sheff says
Thanks, Judy! I am glad you enjoyed it!