Made with fresh cabbage, cucumbers, ham, corn, and scallions, this tasty and crunchy Cabbage and Ham Salad is packed with vitamins and makes a quick lunch or side dish.
What I like about this Cabbage and Ham Salad is that it is made with just a few ingredients and it tastes great. I use a simple mayonnaise-lemon dressing in this recipe, which adds an extra touch of creamy texture, but doesn’t overpower the flavors of the main ingredients.
This salad would make a wonderful addition to your winter diet, adding a lot of vitamins that we all lack during the cold season. Cabbage is one of the healthiest vegetables you can find. Close to 500 studies have been conducted that show cabbage has powerful properties that can prevent and fight cancer. Cabbage is also beneficial to our digestive system and cardiovascular health. So, try this Cabbage and Ham Salad and you won’t be disappointed.
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE AND HAM SALAD
1. Slice the cabbage into strips, just like you would for coleslaw.
2. Cut the cucumbers and ham into small cubes.
3. Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Serve immediately.
That’s it! The creamy, crunchy, and healthy goodness is ready. Enjoy it on the side with mashed potatoes, rice, or quinoa; or simply eat it out of the bowl with a big fork. 🙂
Make sure to tag #cooktoria if you share your salad photos on Instagram. I am always happy to see your creations. Bon appetit!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE AND HAM SALAD
You may also like:
- 1 small head of cabbage (approximately 1 lb.)
- 4 pickling cucumbers
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweet corn (liquid discarded)
- 8 oz. ham
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Slice the cabbage into strips, just like you would for coleslaw.
- Cut the cucumbers and ham into small cubes.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Serve immediately.
Cabbage and Ham Salad
Made with fresh cabbage, cucumbers, ham, corn, and scallions, this tasty and crunchy Cabbage and Ham Salad is packed with vitamins and makes a quick lunch or side dish. Full recipe at: http://cooktoria.com/recipe/cabbage-ham-salad/Posted by Cooktoria on Wednesday, November 29, 2017
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.
PIN THIS RECIPE