I make these healthy Zucchini Feta Fritters almost every single week! They are so delicious and tender, and they pair so well with Tzatziki sauce!
Isn’t it a perfect, quick and refreshing lunch? It most definitely IS! The combination of soft, succulent zucchini, salty feta and a bit of spicy jalapeno will surely please any taste buds. Yeah, I know, another recipe with feta cheese… I just cannot live without it!
Do you have some kind of cheese that you ALWAYS have to have in the refrigerator? Feta is the one in my family. I seriously cannot remember a day where we haven’t had this yummy cheese at home. I add feta to my breakfast eggs, to pasta dishes, salads, grain dishes, meatballs and many other things. It might sound a little crazy, but it is SOOO GOOOD and it adds a lot of flavor to the dishes. Try it for yourself, and make these Zucchini Feta Fritters. 🙂
If you are wondering where to buy the best feta cheese, I can help you with that. I buy Bulgarian Sheep’s Milk Feta from a local store, but it is possible to buy the same feta cheese from Amazon. It is truly the best tasting cheese I've ever had! Where do you guys buy feta cheese from?
Serve these fritters with Tzatziki sauce. If you’ve never made Tzatziki before, you must fix this ASAP! Here is a great Tzatziki recipe from Natasha's Kitchen, that will help you make this deliciousness. Sometimes I also eat these with sour cream or a spoonful of yogurt.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and I cannot wait to hear how you liked it!
Zucchini Feta Fritters
- 1 lb shredded zucchini
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup chopped dill+parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour (or more)
- salt, pepper
- Place the zucchini in the colander and squeeze the excess water out.
- Place all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and stir nicely. (If the mixture looks too runny, add a bit more flour).
- Fry the fritters in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the zucchini fritters onto a paper towel-lined plate and let them cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Tzatziki sauce or yogurt.