Good morning! I am so happy that Sunday is here. I had a really tough week. So today, to celebrate that the crazy week is finally over, I am cooking these colorful fritters for breakfast. Who is with me?
I am usually in a hurry when cooking breakfast. That is why almost all of my breakfast recipes are cooked in under 25 minutes. I think it's the case for most of us. We are all in a rush to go to work, the gym, meetings, or are just hungry. Fear not, these zucchini fritters will not make you wait. They have been on my list for quite a while already, ever since I tried zucchini fritters at our local breakfast restaurant. I decided to add some corn and bell pepper for extra color and flavor. Try these with some yogurt or sour cream on the side. Or just sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese!
On a separate note, I probably won't share a breakfast recipe next Sunday. I won't share a lunch or dinner recipe either. I will be too busy... getting married! That's right. I am getting married in a week. Yay!!! We are going to have a small beach wedding in the beautiful town of Cape May, NJ. Just us, the closest people and the ocean. Oh, I can't wait...
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- 3 tbsp flour
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Using clean hands, squeeze shredded zucchini over a bowl or a sink and try to remove as much liquid as possible. Place zucchini in a clean mixing bowl.
- Add corn kernels, diced bell pepper, eggs, Parmesan, chopped dill and flour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together.
- In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil on medium low heat. Working in 2 batches, fill up an ice cream scoop with zucchini mixture and drop onto the pan. Flatten the patties slightly with a fork. Fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with yogurt, sour cream or some Parmesan cheese.