Chicken Snap Pea Stir-Fry
This Chicken Snap Pea Stir-Fry recipe is a fast and simple meal idea that everyone will love. Made using just a few ingredients, it is a truly delicious meal full of protein and veggies.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 12 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed and trimmed (if needed)
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil, garlic, and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
Now add the snap peas and the bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until the veggies just start to cook, but are still crunchy.
Remove the veggies from the skillet and set them aside.
To the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of oil and chicken. Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes, until it’s fully cooked through and starts to brown nicely.
While the chicken is cooking, mix the soy sauce with water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Add the soy sauce mixture to the chicken and stir (the sauce will start to thicken).
Now add back the snap peas and bell pepper together with chopped scallions. Stir everything well, turn off the heat and serve.
Variations to this Recipe
- Use different vegetables. The great thing about this chicken stir fry recipe is that you can change up the vegetables. Make this recipe taste different each and every time. Use carrots (cut into matches), mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, zucchini, or even pumpkin.
- Change up the type of meat. Beef is a great option for this recipe, too. Use whatever meat you have on hand.
How to Store and Reheat it
This stir fry is easy to store. Simply put it into a container in the fridge and keep it there until you're ready to reheat. It should stay fresh for up to 2 days. Once it's time to eat again, reheat in the microwave or low and slow in a skillet.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1167mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2429IU | Vitamin C: 107mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 4mg