Crunchy Baked Broccoli
This Crunchy Baked Broccoli is simple and very tasty. Made with just 7 simple ingredients, it's certain to be the star of the dinner show.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
Place broccoli onto a large baking sheet, drizzle the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
In a small bowl mix together Panko, Parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix it.
Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs onto the broccoli and bake at 425F for 20 minutes.
Tips for best Crunchy Baked Broccoli
- Trim the broccoli head. Make certain that you trim the ends of the broccoli so that they're fresh. The ends can get older and chewy and that will only take away from the flavor and texture.
- Don't overcrowd the pan. You want to be certain that the broccoli has enough room to spread out so that it can evenly cook. All of it should be in one simple layer so that none of it overlaps.
- Add in a bit of heat. If you like spicy, you can always add in some cayenne pepper to the mixture. Just be certain that if you're sharing with others that they like heat as well.
How to store and reheat
This makes quite a big bunch of cooked broccoli so if you have some leftover, you just need to store it in a sealable container and keep it in the fridge. When you're ready to reheat, just put it back in the oven low and slow or heat it up in the microwave.
Be aware that it might not have a crispy texture when you're reheating it and this isn't uncommon. It will still have a great flavor but might lack a bit of that crispiness.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1060IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1mg