Oven-Roasted Sugar Snap Peas
This Oven-Roasted Sugar Snap Peas recipe is easy and versatile. The sweet, golden brown pods are delicious as a side dish or in all sorts of veggie recipes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas, strings removed and trimmed (if needed)
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ⅛ tsp. pepper or to taste
Place the sugar snap peas onto a large baking sheet, drizzle the oil, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Mix everything well and spread evenly. Bake at 450F for 15 minutes.
Tips for best Roasted Sugar Snap Peas
- Don't add extra oil. This recipe calls for a little bit of oil, and you might be tempted to add some extra. However, just a little is needed to get the beautiful color, and using extra will make them greasy.
- Use great-tasting snap peas. Mann's brand has amazing sugar snap peas.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Arranging the snap peas in many layers causes them to stream instead of roast.
Here are a few ideas, how to change to try new flavors and never get bored with it:
I’m sure there are more variations out there. If you have a favorite, share it in the comments below!
- Add dried herbs. A pinch of dried Italian herbs, thyme, or basil, will make a great addition to this dish. Add the herbs together with the other ingredients before roasting.
- Add fresh herbs. Once the peas are roasted, sprinkle them with freshly chopped parsley, cilantro, or dill.
- Add Parmesan. Toss the roasted snap peas with ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan before serving.
- Make 'em spicy. Toss ¼ teaspoon (or more) of crushed red pepper flakes with the snap peas before roasting.
- Add balsamic vinegar. Right before serving drizzle a little high-quality balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze on top.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1233IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg