Crunchy Baked Shrimp
These Crunchy Baked Shrimp are tender and covered in a seasoned butter, then topped with delicious breadcrumbs. This dish is flavorful and simple, with a mouthwatering texture you'll love.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lbs. large or jumbo shrimps (peeled, deveined, tails off or on)
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste
- lemon wedges and fresh parsley, to garnish
Melt the butter and then add garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Place the shrimp into a large casserole dish. Pour half of the seasoned butter on top and mix well. Then arrange the shrimp in an even layer.
Add the Panko breadcrumbs to the remaining butter and stir well to combine.
Sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs over the shrimp. Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes. If desired, broil for 1-2 minutes, allowing the breadcrumbs to brown a bit more.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
PRESENTATION TIP: If you are planning to transfer these onto a serving platter, the breadcrumbs will start mixing with the liquids from the shrimp and you might need some extra breadcrumbs for a beautiful presentation and extra crunch. To do this, toss ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs onto a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil, and a touch of paprika and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are nice and golden. Sprinkle these right over the shrimp on the serving platter. Voila!
Tips for the best Crunchy Baked Shrimp
- Choose larger shrimp. I like the large or jumbo-sized shrimp because smaller ones can get overwhelmed by the breadcrumbs. Larger ones ensure their flavor and texture are at the forefront.
- Buy them already prepped. Save yourself time by buying the shrimp already deveined, peeled, and with their tails off. You can do this yourself, of course, but buying them this way will save you prep.
- Use Panko. Panko has a crunchier texture than regular breadcrumbs, which goes really nicely with these baked shrimp. You can also make your own so they have the right texture for this dish.
- Spread the shrimp evenly. This will ensure even and thorough cooking, but it will also help each shrimp get a good coating of the buttered breadcrumb mix for the best Crunchy Baked Shrimp.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 603mg | Sodium: 2282mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 674IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 350mg | Iron: 5mg