Zucchini Noodles with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
These Zucchini Noodles with Sun-Dried Tomatoes are tart, sweet, and just a bit spicy. You can prepare this simple zoodle dish in minutes, and even prep it ahead of time for busy nights.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 ½ lb. zucchini noodles
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large sun-dried tomato halves, cut into small squares
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
Spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting. Set aside.
In a large skillet, cook the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and red pepper flakes in olive oil, for about 1 minute.
Add the zucchini noodles and, using tongs, gently toss the noodles every minute or so for about 5 minutes, until the noodles are lightly cooked and heated through.
Add basil (and Parmesan, if desired), stir, and turn off the heat. Serve immediately.
ABOUT SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI
You'll need some spiralized zucchini noodles (a.k.a. Zoodles) for this recipe. You can:
- Make them yourself. Making zucchini noodles is super easy, but you do need to have a spiralizer on hand. I own this Ultimate 7-Blade Vegetable Spiralizer and you can buy it for just under $30 from Amazon. Once you get your hands on a good spiralizer, you are ready to make zoodles at home. There are so many other vegetables you can spiralizer; you’ll have a lot of fun with your new kitchen friend. Read more here: 7 Best Vegetables to Spiralize.
- Buy them. If you just want to dip your foot into the spiralizing waters, and you are not ready to invest in a spiralizer, you can purchase zoodles from any large grocery or health food store. They are usually sold in the produce section, where pre-chopped vegetables and salad mixes are located. Make sure you buy fresh and not frozen zoodles.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 921mg | Potassium: 1066mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1002IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 362mg | Iron: 2mg