This creamy Zucchini Rice is simply delicious. Made with short-grain rice, shredded zucchini, and other vegetables and spices, it is the perfect addition to your dinner table.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- ⅓ tsp. pepper or to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped dill
- 4 cups cooked rice
In a large skillet, sauté the diced onion and garlic in olive oil, until nicely browned.
Add the shredded zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Add the milk, dill, and cooked rice. Stir, and cook for another 5 minutes over low heat, until everything is heated through. Serve hot.
ADD-INS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Add some cheese. Another option is to cover this dish with shredded mozzarella cheese and pop it in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Yum!
- Add other vegetables. Along with the shredded zucchini, you can also try shredded broccoli, carrots, or brussels sprouts for added health benefits and a more veggie-focused dish.
- Substitute for different milk. I like this dish with oat milk to give it a creamy flavor and texture, but you could also use regular milk, almond milk, or coconut milk if you prefer.
- Substitute another grain. This Zucchini Rice could also be made with brown rice or quinoa if you like. This will somewhat alter the creamy texture though.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT
To store leftover Zucchini Rice, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. You can reheat it in the microwave, but it may be slightly moister than it was when served fresh.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg