Apple Oat Smoothie
This Apple Oat Smoothie is a great way to start the day! Fruity, nutty, and with a sprinkle of cinnamon, this healthy oat-filled beverage is the perfect breakfast in a cup.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. almond butter or other nut butter
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup oat milk
First, core and slice your apple. You might want to remove the skin, but that's up to you. Then, add all of the ingredients to a blender and cover it with the lid.
Process the smoothie on high until the chunks of fruit are gone and it's smooth. Pour it into a glass and enjoy promptly.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST SMOOTHIE
- Choose the right apple. To get that smooth texture and sweet flavor, make sure that you choose an apple that is not over-ripe or mealy. You want to get one that is firm to the touch and doesn't give when you press lightly on the skin.
- Keep your ingredients cold. Smoothies taste best cold, so try to keep your ingredients cold as well or the results will be lukewarm. Except for the oats and cinnamon, I suggest storing the rest in the fridge for a chilled morning drink. You may also add a few ice cubes, of course.
- Stir if needed. If you find you're getting chunks in your Apple Oat Smoothie, use the attachment or a spoon (when the blender is off or unplugged) to stir the ingredients so everything blends smoothly and incorporates together. Nut butter can sometimes get stuck to the walls of the blender and needs to be dislodged.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 348IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 258mg | Iron: 3mg