Taco Roasted Okra
This Taco Roasted Okra is a deliciously savory dish. You’ll love the blend of flavorful spices with tender okra pieces that have been browned to perfection.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 lb. fresh okra
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Rinse the okra pods and then dry them with a paper towel. Trim away the stem ends, and then cut each pod into ½ to ¾-inch pieces. Place the okra into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Add the taco seasoning, salt, and olive oil to the bowl. Mix well until everything is evenly distributed.
Transfer the okra to a large baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to evenly spread the pieces across the baking sheet.
Bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes, or until the okra is nicely roasted. Serve warm.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS OKRA WITH
- On its own. This tasty side dish can be served as is.
- Atop grains. This Roasted Okra is great on a bed of rice, couscous, bulgur, or quinoa.
- With your favorite protein. Serve it with tofu or black beans. If you eat meat, it also pairs well with beef or lamb.
- With vegetables. Okra is great with veggies like sliced tomatoes, roasted eggplant, and sweet peppers.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT THIS DISH
To store this Taco Roasted Okra, place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for about 3-5 days. After that, the flavor and texture will deteriorate. To reheat it, you can microwave it for a few minutes in a microwave-safe bowl. Or if you prefer, you can place it back on the baking sheet, spread out evenly, and warm it in the oven.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 2mg