Easy Baked Cabbage
This Easy Baked Cabbage is a tasty vegan side dish that you’re going to love. Full of flavor and roasted to perfection, this easy to make veggie is delicious.
Servings: 2 servings
- ½ medium cabbage (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. plant-based or regular butter
Cut the cabbage into quarters, and then cut out the core. Slice each quarter and then cut it crosswise to create thin shreds of cabbage.
Place the cabbage shreds into a large mixing bowl, and add the paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Melt the butter and pour it over the other ingredients. Mix well.
Transfer the cabbage into a large baking tray. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, smooth the seasoned cabbage until it lays evenly across the pan.
Bake it for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until it is cooked through and nicely roasted around the edges. Serve immediately.
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY BAKED CABBAGE
- Cut the cabbage evenly. Make sure that you cut the cabbage leaves into similar sizes so that the shreds cook evenly. If some are small and some are large, you’ll land up with a mixture of hard and limp shreds.
- Mix everything well before baking. With the melted butter acting as the glue for the spice mix, make sure you mix the ingredients thoroughly for an even coating of seasoning. This will ensure that each bite tastes just right.
- Serve warm. This baked cabbage tastes best warm. Once it cools, the butter may solidify a little, so serve it right out of the oven or warm it before serving leftovers.
HOW TO STORE BAKED CABBAGE
To store this Baked Cabbage, place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for up to 5 days. If you want to store it long-term, then you can also freeze it for up to 12 months in a ziplock freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the fridge and warm it in the oven when you are ready to serve.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3862IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg