Creamy Cucumber Salad
This Creamy Cucumber Salad is a cool & fresh dish that’s perfect for the summer. Its crisp cucumber slices & flavorful herbs will wow your taste buds.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 lb. cucumbers
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp. chives, chopped or scallions
- ¼ tsp. salt or to taste
Wash your cucumbers and pat them dry. Either peel them or leave the skin on, depending on your preference. Then, slice each cucumber until you have a pile of circles, about a half-inch thick.
Place the cucumbers into a large mixing bowl. Now add the cottage cheese and herbs. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix everything gently and serve immediately.
TIPS FOR MAKING CUCUMBER SALAD
- Pick the best cucumbers. When it comes to choosing your cucumbers, look for ones that have a nice dark green color, with no blemishes or soft spots. Also avoid ones that have yellow spots because this indicates that they are overripe. You want a crisp, moist cucumber without bitterness.
- Use fresh herbs. Fresh herbs have so much more flavor than the dried ones found in spice cabinets. For a truly delicious Cucumber Salad, I advice sticking with herbs that are fresh from the store (or your own garden!). But if you’re in a pinch, you can substitute dried herbs – it just won’t be quite as good.
- Serve immediately. This creamy salad, unfortunately, doesn’t sit well. You will need to serve or eat it not long after it is made to avoid the moisture in the dish from making the cucumbers limp and the cottage cheese from separating.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2986IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2mg