Garlic Roasted Cabbage
This Garlic Roasted Cabbage is such a tasty vegan dish. Savory with a light char, you’re going to love these delicious flavors and textures.
Servings: 6 pieces
- 1 medium cabbage
- 4 tbsp. plant based or regular butter I used Country Crock® Plant Butter
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning * or to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp. garlic powder or to taste
Remove the bruised outer leaves from the cabbage. With a sharp knife, gently cut it into 1-inch-thick rounds.
Spread the softened butter on top of the cabbage rounds and season with salt, taco spice, and garlic powder.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the cabbage rounds on the paper, seasoned side down. Now spread the butter on the top of the rounds again and sprinkle the seasonings on as well.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the cabbage rounds from the oven, flip them over carefully, and bake them again for another 15-20 minutes. When done, they should be nicely roasted and cooked through.
* Taco seasoning could be substituted with other spices, such as paprika, berbere, zaatar, dried Italian herbs, or whichever spice is your favorite.
WHAT TO SERVE IT WITH
- As is. This Garlic Roasted Cabbage is so tasty and filling, you can eat it as a light meal or snack during the day.
- As a side. Serve this vegetable dish beside some of your favorite proteins, like hummus or tofu. If you’re not vegan, you can also serve it with meats, like chicken or beef.
- On top of bread. With its perfect mix of spices and garlic, this roasted cabbage can be served on a slice of rustic bread to make it more filling, yet still light enough for a small meal or snack.
- With mashed potatoes. Mmm… This garlicky cabbage with some smooth mashed potatoes would be absolutely delish.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 302IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg