Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry
This Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry is so flavorful and easy to make. Tasty and healthy, this dish is ready in less than 10 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil grapeseed, avocado, canola, etc.
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 10 oz. sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar until the sugar completely dissolves.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Then, add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds.
Add the broccoli, mushrooms, and water. Stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until the veggies start to brown and reach the desired doneness.
At this point, add the soy sauce mixture and cook for another minute. Sprinkle the Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
HELPFUL TIPS AND TRICKS
- Cut the veggies uniformly. To help cook the vegetables at the same rate, make sure to cut the broccoli and mushrooms into same-sized pieces.
- Prep the soy sauce mixture first. Make the soy seasoning before you start frying, because once you start cooking the veggies, you’ll need to pay attention to them as they fry.
- Add cashews. Cashews make a wonderful addition to this dish. They add a nice crunch and flavor. If you decide to add them to your stir-fry, add the cashews in Step 3 at the same time as the soy sauce mixture.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 798IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg