Three Bean Salad
This Three Bean Salad is so flavorful. It makes a great side dish or topping, but can also be a healthy protein-packed snack, too.
Servings: 4 servings
- 15 oz. cooked kidney beans
- 15 oz. cooked black beans
- 15 oz. cooked cannellini beans
- 1 medium celery rib
- ½ medium onion
- 1 small bunch of parsley
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- a pinch of cayenne
Prep the veggies and beans. Dice the celery, onions, and parsley. Set aside. Thoroughly rinse the three beans and also set aside.
Make the dressing. Add the olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, cumin, salt, and a pinch of cayenne to a small mason jar and shake well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
Make the Salad. Place all three beans into a large bowl. Then, add the chopped celery, onions, and parsley. Pour the dressing on top and mix well until everything is coated in dressing.
HELPFUL TIPS AND TRICKS
- To keep your onion from having too pungent a flavor that takes over the salad, soak the onion in water first to get a milder flavor.
- To increase the veggies in your dish, add fresh cucumbers, carrots, or tomatoes as a variation.
- Add extra fresh herbs for even more flavor, such as rosemary, mint, or basil.
- Always rinse your beans thoroughly to get rid of any sliminess that may result from the cooking or canning process.
- If you’re cooking your beans, make sure they are thoroughly cooled before mixing the salad together, or some of your other ingredients may be affected by the heat.
HOW TO STORE THIS SALAD
The best way to store this Three Bean Salad is by placing it in an airtight container and then keeping it in the fridge. It will last for 3-5 days, though the longer it sits, the less firm the vegetables and beans will be.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 744mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 6mg