Tex Mex Quinoa Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
This Mexican-style Quinoa Salad is loaded with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, red onion, and cilantro. Simple, healthy, and incredibly delicious, you’ll want to make it over and over again!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa*
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn frozen and thawed, or canned
- 2 small avocados
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin powder or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne optional
Place the cooked and cooled quinoa into a large bowl. Add the black beans, corn, onion, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro.
Squeeze the limes, grizzle with olive oil, and season the salad with salt, pepper, and cumin powder. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, if preferred. Mix everything well.
* You'll need to cook about 3/4 cup of quinoa according to the package instructions and cool it comletely. Leftover quinoa is perfect for this salad.
Cook quinoa in vegetable broth for extra flavor.
HOW TO STORE THIS SALAD
Store this Quinoa Salad in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 days. You can still eat it on day 3, but the avocados will brown, and the tomatoes become a bit soggy.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 562IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 4mg