Greek Salad Dressing
Greek Salad Dressing – a wonderful addition to any salad. Made with simple ingredients, this dressing is tasty and easy to make!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey optional
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Just place all of the ingredients into a mason jar and shake for a good 30-60 seconds, until combined (or whisk all the ingredients in a bowl).You can also choose to prepare this dressing in a food processor, if you prefer. Simply pulse all of the ingredients until the dressing emulsifies.
DOES GREEK SALAD DRESSING NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
Yes, store in the fridge in a tightly covered jar.
HOW LONG IS THE DRESSING GOOD FOR?
If you used garlic to make it, it is best to use it within 7 days. If no garlic was used, it can stay up to 14 days.
HELPFUL TIPS AND TRICKS
- Use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for extra health benefits and extra flavor. California Olive Ranch is my favorite and I always use it.
- Use organic red wine vinegar with the “Mother.” It is sold in almost all large supermarkets and health food stores, so it won’t be difficult to find. Of course, you can also buy it from Amazon.com.
- Fresh-squeezed lemon juice is the way to go, but you can also use bottled lemon juice as long as “lemon juice” is the only ingredient.
- Honey is optional! Although I enjoy this dressing with a touch of sweetness, try it without honey first—you may like it better. Honey can also be substituted with sugar or even maple syrup.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 74mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.2mg