SEMOLINA WITH STRAWBERRIES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 people
Creamy semolina combined with fresh strawberries, jam and chia seeds.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup coarse semolina
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 1 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 2 tsp chia seeds optional
Place water, milk and semolina in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil on medium heat stirring continuously. Reduce heat to low, keep cooking for about 2-3 minutes.
Divide semolina between bowls. Add half of chia seeds and strawberry preserves into each bowl. Stir slightly. Top it off with fresh strawberries.
- Semolina is not gluten-free.
- Depending how big your morning meal usually is, the recipe above may be enough for just one person. I eat 2 portions :-)
- Other fruits and berries are welcome.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 96.5mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 0.9mg