CHICKEN IN TOMATO SAUCE
Chicken Drumsticks cooked with white wine and tomato sauce.
Servings: 6 people
- 6 chicken drums (approximately 2 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 medium celery ribs sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- to taste salt and pepper
- to garnish fresh cilantro and dill chopped
Saute onions and celery in a deep saute pan with olive oil and butter on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Add chicken drumsticks, increase heat to high and saute for another 5 minutes, until chicken starts to brown.
Add wine and bay leaves. Cook for 5 more minutes. Reduce heat to low, add tomato sauce, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir, cover with lid and cook for 45 minutes.
Garnish with fresh herbs.
- If you choose to use chicken breast instead of drumsticks, cut the breast into bite sized pieces, and reduce cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Don't forget to pour some of that wine into a glass and enjoy it while cooking!
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 406mg | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Iron: 2.3mg