HUMMUS WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
Hummus topped with black olives, capers and drizzled with olive oil.
Servings: 8 servings (2 1/2 cups)
- 15 oz cooked or canned chickpeas (liquid reserved)
- 1/2 cup liquid from the chickpeas (may need a little more or less)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp MRS Dash original blend seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- to taste salt and peper
- 1/2 cup chopped olives your favorite kind
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped capers liquid drained
- to drizzle olive oil
Place all of the hummus ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Use liquid from the chickpeas to achieve desired consistency.
Transfer hummus into plate(s) and top with olives and capers. Sprinkle with olive oil.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.3mg