Pasta Salad with Kale Pesto
This filling and delicious Pasta Salad with Kale Pesto is truly one of the best pasta salads. So refreshing and addictive, you'll keep making it all summer long!
Servings: 4 servings
For Kale Pesto
- 2 packed cups pre-cut chopped kale (thick ribs removed)
- 10 fillets of canned or jarred anchovies in olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz mascarpone cheese (about 6 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
For the salad
- 4 cups cooked orecchiette pasta
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 cups mozzarella pearls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Kale Pesto
Steam the kale for 5 minutes. Drain, and let in cool slightly.
Place the kale, anchovies, garlic, olive oil, cashews, and mascarpone in a blender, Nutribullet, or food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a little water to achieve the right consistency.
Calories: 1359kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 104g | Saturated Fat: 39g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 45g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 1336mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2550IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 1670mg | Iron: 4.3mg