Allow me to introduce you to the newest addition to our family. Friends, this is the Ninja Blender. It’s awesome. I got it as a present from my lovely husband Stan. He is awesome too.
I am really impressed with what this little monster can do and I am so happy to have it (I am talking about the blender here 😉 ).
The best part is that it comes with a pitcher and two smoothie cups that let you blend smoothies right in them! It’s so convenient and so easy to rinse. If you don’t own one of these already, it’s time to get it. Or if you already own one, take it out of your cabinet and place it right on the kitchen counter, so it can be used daily.
November is already here, which means flu season is upon us. Your body will appreciate the boost of vitamins and nutrients. That’s when the smoothies come in handy. They are easy to make, taste amazing and are so healthy.
The recipe I am sharing today is the perfect way to start your day. I use frozen berries such as cherries, black/red currants and fresh fruits. If you have difficultiy finding the currants, just use blueberries instead. Once the smoothie is done, mix in a tablespoon of chia seeds. They don’t add flavor, but they are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium and more. Don’t skip this step. Cheers!!!
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen black currants (or blueberries)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Place all the ingredients, excluding chia seeds, in a blender and process until smooth.
- Divide the smoothies between two cups and stir in the chia seeds.
- P.S. If you prefer, you can blend in the chia seeds together with the smoothie. I like to stir them in after blending because I like to feel the seeds.