This Roasted Zucchini Salad is so flavorful and healthy, you'll want to make it over and over again! Seasoned with lemon-parsley dressing, it requires only 5 ingredients!
Don’t you crave this tasty, fresh, and zesty Zucchini Salad? This classic Italian recipe is a staple at my home and I think it’ll become your favorite way to enjoy zucchini!
This Zucchini Salad pairs well with practically any dish, or you can enjoy it just on its own. I love to eat it with fresh mozzarella cheese and a slice of crusty bread. There is just something special about this combination.
How to Pick the Best Zucchini?
Zucchini is the main ingredient here, so you’ll want to make sure you pick the best. When shopping for zucchini, try to find small (6 to 9 inches in length) and relatively thin ones. The zucchini should feel heavy for its size. The skin should look smooth, with a dark green color, and be free of blemishes.
Zucchini Salad Dressing
The dressing is simple and very tasty. It's made with:
- Olive Oil. Use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for extra health benefits and extra flavor . California Olive Ranch is my favorite and I always use it.
- Lemon Juice. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Garlic. You can skip it if you don't like it, or use a bit less.
- Parsley. You can substitute with fresh dill, mint, or cilantro, if preferred.
How to Make Zucchini Salad
1. Cut the zucchini in half and slice it into thin strips.
2. Heat up a large, non-stick griddle on medium-high heat. Fry the zucchini without any oil, for about 3 minutes on each side, until they get brown marks and soften a little.
3. Prepare the dressing by whisking the rest of the ingredients together.
4. Pour the dressing over grilled zucchini and mix well. Serve warm or cold.
I can’t wait for you to try this salad! Now’s the time to get your fresh zucchini at any farmer’s market. Or perhaps you have a garden and soon you’ll have your own zucchini? In any case, share your feedback and ENJOY!!!
Zucchini Salad FAQs
Can I use summer squash instead? Yes! Summer squash works, too.
Is this Zucchini Salad Healthy? Yes. Since zucchini isn't fully cooked through, it still retains a lot of nutrients. The salad dressing is also very healthy.
Is it Vegan? Yes. This Zucchini Salad is suitable for vegans.
Is it Keto Friendly? Yes. Zucchini is very low in carbs (only 3g net carbs per cup).
How to Store Zucchini Salad? Refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can I use other vegetables? Yes. You can also use pumpkin or eggplant instead of zucchini.
THIS ROASTED ZUCCHINI SALAD IS PERFECT FOR A SUMMER PICNIC!
What to Serve Zucchini Salad With
Serve it on the side with EVERYTHING! Seriously, this salad makes a great addition to any meal.
What to do with extra zucchini
- SHRIMP AND ZUCCHINI SKILLET
- CREAMY ZUCCHINI SAUCE
- SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- ZUCCHINI PIZZA ON BREAD
- EASY SHRIMP AND ZUCCHINI SKILLET
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to share your photos with me on Pinterest! I always check!
ULTIMATE ZUCCHINI SALAD
- Cut the zucchini in half and slice it into thin strips.
- Heat up a large, non-stick griddle on medium-high heat. Fry the zucchini without any oil, for about 3 minutes on each side, until they get brown marks and soften a little.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the rest of the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over grilled zucchini and mix well. Serve warm or cold.