Enjoy this delicious Ultimate Breakfast Skillet made with eggs, potatoes, sweet peppers, onions, kielbasa and, of course, some melted cheese on top.
Loaded with veggies, Polish kielbasa and eggs - this Ultimate Breakfast Skillet will not disappoint. I cook this goodness every other Sunday, and my husband knows that the skillet is about to be enjoyed as soon as he wakes up, and the incredible smell of fried kielbasa reaches the bedroom. And did I mention it takes only 30 minutes to make? You've got to try this.
You'll need some good quality kielbasa (I use Polish) to make this recipe right, and the rest of the ingredients you probably already have. So hurry up, get some kielbasa and let's start cooking!
Here is the ingredient list:
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ medium red pepper
- ½ medium green pepper
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 cup of sliced kielbasa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper
- chopped scallion to garnish
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into small, fairly thin pieces (refer to the photo below).
2. Add the olive oil to the skillet and fry the potatoes on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350F.
3. Add the sweet peppers, onion, and kielbasa to the pan.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook with lid covered for about 6-7 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
5. Add some salt and pepper and stir. Break 2 eggs on top.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until egg whites are cooked through.
The Ultimate Breakfast Skillet is ready to be enjoyed by you and your family!
Although I used only 2 eggs in this recipe, you can use 4. This way the skillet should be enough for 2 adults and 1 kid. My family consists of just me and my husband (and a tiny baby growing inside of me), so we always have some leftovers, but I usually finish it during lunch with some fresh salad. Yum!
The Ultimate Breakfast Skillet
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium red pepper, chopped into pieces
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped into pieces
- ½ medium red onion, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup sliced kielbasa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper
- chopped scallions to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the potatoes and fry for about 2 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and kielbasa to the potatoes, reduce heat to medium, and fry with lid covered for about 7 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add salt and pepper, stir and break 2 eggs on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the skillet for 10-15 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
Before you go...
Check out these recipes