Yes! There are recipes out there that are tasty, and take only a few minutes out of your day to make them. This is one of those recipes. If you have the ingredients on hand, you can enjoy this pizza in just 5 minutes! It makes a great lunch and a light dinner. All the flavors work great together making this recipe a definite keeper. Let’s get started! ?
You can use store-bought or homemade pesto sauce for this recipe. I always prefer homemade versions for obvious reasons (freshness and taste. Duh!), but store-bought pesto will work as well.
Another thing I should mention is — and it is an important one — you have to absorb all of the moisture out of the mozzarella and the roasted peppers with the help of paper towels before you place them on the pizza. This step will ensure a nice, crispy crust and no liquids on your pizza.
That’s it! No more tips. You will definitely make it work. And if you would like to customize it… Of course you can! I think corn, tomatoes, bacon, ham, spinach, broccoli, anchovy and mushrooms would make great toppings. Damn, now I feel like I have to go and make another one of these pizzas. Talk to you guys soon!
5 MINUTE TORTILLA PIZZA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS
- 1 8 inch soft tortilla
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into two pieces
- 1/3 cup roasted pepper pieces
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- dried oregano
- Spread the pesto evenly across the tortilla. Place mozzarella cheese and roasted peppers on top.
- Transfer the pizza onto a large frying pan, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until the cheese starts to melt (about 4-5 minutes).
- Garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves and dried oregano. Enjoy!