This simple Tomato Feta Salad is one of the best, easiest salads you’ll make! Fresh herbs, succulent tomatoes, creamy feta cheese and a touch of balsamic reduction.
The tomato season is finally here and you just have to try this light, refreshing Tomato Feta Salad. All of the ingredient flavors work so well together. That’s what a summer tastes like!
Tomatoes are the main ingredient in this salad, so try to purchase some fresh and flavorful ones.
HOW TO CHOOSE TOMATOES
When shopping for tomatoes, look for plump, heavy tomatoes with smooth skins. I think the best way to evaluate the quality of tomatoes is to smell them. They should be fragrant, which indicates that tomatoes were ripened by the sun. If they have no aroma at all, the tomatoes were probably picked when immature, and they are lacking sweetness and flavor. Follow this Guide to Picking the Best Tomato at the Grocery Store for more info.
WHERE TO BUY THE BEST FETA CHEESE
When shopping for feta cheese, try to find the kind that is sold in in bricks and stored in brine. That’s the best stuff. This feta cheese can be found in large health food stores. Of course, you can buy feta cheese on Amazon. When given an option between cow’s or sheep’s milk feta, I’d always pick sheep’s milk.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO FETA SALAD
1. Prepare the dressing by mixing all of the dressing ingredients together.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes and the dressing. Mix everything well.
3. Arrange the salad onto the serving plate and top with feta cheese. Drizzle with balsamic reduction if desired.
Your fresh and tasty Tomato Feta Salad is ready! I just can’t wait to hear your feedback, friends!
If you’d like to add some fresh onions or cucumbers, you are welcome to do so. I also love to add a few olives to this salad sometimes.
You may also like:
Tomato Feta Salad Video Tutorial
TOMATO FETA SALAD
For the salad:
- 4 large tomatoes cut into medium pieces
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- balsamic reduction to garnish (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives or scallion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all of the dressing ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes and the dressing. Mix everything well.
- Arrange the salad onto the serving plate and top with feta cheese. Drizzle with balsamic reduction if desired.