Healthy and so flavorful, this Tomato Avocado Salad makes a great addition to your dinner or lunch. This is one of the most loved recipes in my family!
I enjoy this quick and healthy Tomato Avocado Salad almost daily during the summer months. It is very tasty and it only takes a few minutes to make. My favorite way to eat it is with a slice of whole grain bread, and my husband enjoys it as a side to his meals.
WHAT MAKES THIS TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD SPECIAL?
A while ago, I was recording a guacamole video in a local Mexican restaurant and, while chatting with their chef, I found out that the secret to making the best guaca is a generous amount of salt and lime juice. I applied this new knowledge to this salad recipe and I have one word – WOW! So. Much. Flavor.
Of course, I have step-by-step pictures for you, so you have no excuse for not trying this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD:
1.Cut the tomatoes into 2 pieces.
2. Skin the avocados and cut into medium pieces.
3. Chop cilantro.
4. Squeeze the lime juice into the salad.
5. Add pepper, salt and olive oil.
6. Mix everything well.
7. Enjoy! That’s right, the salad is ready.
If you enjoy the flavor and the crunchiness of fresh onion, you should definitely add it to this salad as well. I am not an onion fan, so I never add onion to this salad.
I recommend making as much salad as you are planning to eat because the avocados do not store well. Although, I am sure there will be no leftovers. 🙂
- 4 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 a bunch chopped fresh cilantro, (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp or more)
- 1/2 red onion, diced (optional)
- Place tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro into a medium salad bowl.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve immediately.
You’ll also enjoy these:
AVOCADO TUNA SALAD by Cooktoria
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE PUDDING by Sunkissed Kitchen