Made with only 4 ingredients, these Sweet Potato Hash Browns are easy to make and very delicious. Learn how to make perfect hash browns with my step-by-step photo and video instructions.
Homemade sweet potato hash browns are a great way to start any day! Fry them up and top them with a poached egg or serve them alongside a full breakfast. You can’t go wrong in any case.
WHY I LOVE THIS SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS RECIPE
This recipe is my favorite because it’s:
- TASTY. Oh yes! It’s very tasty.
- SIMPLE. There are only 4 ingredients required.
- QUICK. It takes 20 minutes to cook these.
- KID-FRIENDLY. Kids love it, too!
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS:
- sweet potatoes
- grated Parmesan
- salt & pepper
- vegetable oil
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS
1.Peel and shred the sweet potatoes. Place them in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add the eggs, Parmesan, and parsley, and generously season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture well.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spoonfuls of the potato mixture to the pan and flatten them into patties about ½-inch thick. Flip them over once browned – about 2–3 minutes on each side.
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS FAQs:
Why aren’t my hash browns crispy? Sorry, friend. The sweet potatoes do not create the same crust that regular potatoes do. These are incredibly tasty, but not crispy.
How do I shred the sweet potatoes? You can use the shredding attachment on your food processor, or the large holes of a box grater.
What’s the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? There is a lot of confusion on this topic. A “Yam” is a starchy, edible root of the Dioscorea genus. Yams have a cylindrical shape with blackish or brown, bark-like skin and white, purple, or reddish flesh. A “Sweet Potato” is a large, starchy, sweet-tasting, root vegetable with white, orange, and sometimes even purple flesh. Please, check out this article for more info: What’s the Difference Between Yams and Sweet Potatoes?
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS
I absolutely love these sweet potato hash browns with some smoked salmon and a poached egg for breakfast! Here are some more serving ideas for you:
- With your favorite dipping sauce. If you are serving these for lunch, just dip them in your favorite dipping sauce (I love tzatziki), yogurt, sour cream, or ketchup.
- With fresh salad. Garden Salad, Greek Salad, Tomato Salad, Cucumber Salad, Avocado Salad, Cole Slaw, etc.
- With Mushroom Sauce. YUM!
- With Eggs & Bacon. Or eggs & sausage, or eggs & tofu… You get the idea.
You’ll also enjoy:
Sweet Potato Hash Browns Video Tutorial
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNSPrint Pin Rate
- 3 small sweet potatoes about 1lb.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel and shred the sweet potatoes. Place them in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, Parmesan, and parsley, and generously season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spoonfuls of the potato mixture to the pan and flatten them into patties about ½-inch thick. Flip them over once browned – about 2–3 minutes on each side.