This is hands down the best and the easiest Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe you’ll ever find. My photo and video instructions will help you make your favorite drink at home!
During the fall months so many of us LOVE and CRAVE Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I still remember the first time I tried it, because I felt so sure that I won’t like the pumpkin mixed with milk and espresso. Boy, was I surprised when I took the first sip! It’s like all of the best things fall has to offer in one cup!
While working at Starbucks for 5 years, I had plenty of opportunities to enjoy Pumpkin Spice Latte. During the fall months I had it almost every day. Now that I work from home, I would love to see a cup of PSL next to my computer while I am working, but the nearest Starbucks is 20 minutes away, plus if I have to buy it as often as I want it, I am running the risk of getting broke. 🙂 Since I’ve had success with duplicating so many of my favorite Starbucks drinks at home, like Caramel Macchiato and Mocha Frappuccino, it was a no-brainer I have to make Pumpkin Latte as well. Today, I want to teach you how you can make this delicious treat too.
HOW PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE IS MADE?
Pumpkin Spice Latte is made with:
- Pumpkin Sauce
Let’s talk a bit more about these ingredients.
Espresso could be made with espresso machine, various K-Cup machines or with macchinetta or “moka”. If you don’t own any of these items I suggest starting with macchinetta. That’s what all Italy is using! It is cheap, easy to use, and Italians swear it makes the best espresso. There are several good brands to choose from, like Bialetti or Grosche, but I have to tell you even the cheapest 10$ macchinetta makes espresso well. Check this video I found on how to use a macchinetta:
Like for any latte, you’ll need to froth the milk for this Pumpkin Spice Latte too. You can froth the milk by simply warming it up (microwave or stovetop) and whisking it. But if you enjoy making lattes and cappuccinos at home you’ll need a simple and effective milk frother. There are two kinds of milk frothers that work really well: manual milk frother (I use this Ninja Frother), and electric frother (I recommend this PowerLix Frother). Check out the reviews on these frothers, they are very effective and do the job well. Here is a video on how to use manual milk frother:
Lastly, you’ll need Pumpkin Sauce for this Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. It is also easy to prepare, and the sauce will last up to 7 days in the refrigerator. You’ll need just a few ingredients to make the sauce:
1. To make the sauce, just place all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. Place the sauce in smoothie cup or food processor and process until very smooth. This step is optional, but recommended.
The sauce is ready!
Now, let’s make the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte at home!
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin sauce
- 2 oz. espresso
- 8 oz. milk
- whipped cream and cinnamon, to garnish
1. Prepare espresso.
2. Warm and froth the milk.
3. Add pumpkin sauce and espresso into a 16 oz. serving cup. Stir well.
4. Pour the milk into the pumpkin-espresso mixture. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE STARBUCKS PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin sauce
- 2 oz. espresso
- 8 oz. milk
- whipped cream and cinnamon to garnish
To make the pumpkin sauce, just place all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place the sauce in smoothie cup or food processor and process until very smooth. This step is optional, but recommended.
- Transfer the sauce into a jar with a lid and keep in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Prepare espresso.
- Warm and froth the milk.
- Add pumpkin sauce and espresso into a 16 oz. serving cup. Stir well.
- Pour the milk into the pumpkin-espresso mixture. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Information does not include whipped cream.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER