This is the easiest and tastiest Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe. The spinach stuffing is so creamy and smooth that you’ll keep making it over and over again.
This is one of the best chicken recipes out there. Not only because it’s super simple, but because it’s incredibly delicious. And while the chicken is cooking in the oven, you’ll have time to whip up a quick salad and set the dinner table. Whether you are looking for a quick chicken recipe, or a restaurant-quality meal to impress your loved ones, this is THE RECIPE TO MAKE. So, let’s start cooking!
VIDEO-RECIPE: Spinach Stuffed Chicken
The Spinach Stuffing
The stuffing is made with only four ingredients:
- Fresh Baby Spinach. Don’t use frozen or old spinach! (Frozen spinach often absorbs the smell of the freezer, and store-bought frozen spinach often has a ton of stems). Just trust me on this one. Buy fresh spinach leaves.
- Cream Cheese. Any brand will work here.
- Feta Cheese. Try to buy good-quality feta cheese that is sold in blocks, and then crumble it with your hands. If you don't like feta, you can use Parmesan cheese instead.
- Mozzarella Cheese. You can buy pre-shredded, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, or shred it yourself. Alternatively, shredded cheddar cheese can be used.
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is perfect for your keto diet.
The Chicken Seasoning
I am using a mix of paprika, cumin powder, chili powder, and salt to season the chicken breast. Garlic powder would also make a great addition to this spice mix. I find this seasoning adds a ton of flavor and adds a very nice color to the chicken. That said, you can substitute my homemade paprika seasoning for Cajun, Fajita, Berbere, or your favorite kind.
How to bake stuffed chicken breast?
It’s so much easier to bake the stuffed chicken breast than to fry it. So, I definitely recommend taking this route. After you season the stuffed chicken breast with the spices, just brush it with olive oil and bake it in a preheated oven at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
What's the Best Internal Temperature for Stuffed Chicken Breast?
Use the meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should be 165-170ºF when it is cooked through.
How to make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
1. Make the seasoning. Just mix all of the seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Make the spinach stuffing. Roughly chop the baby spinach and place it into a medium bowl. Add the cream cheese, feta, and mozzarella. Massage the spinach with your hands, until well combined (it should look like thick paste).
3. Prep the chicken. Place the chicken on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
4. Stuff the chicken. Divide the cream cheese mixture into four equal parts and spoon it into the chicken pockets. Using toothpicks, secure the stuffing inside.
6. Season the chicken. Generously season the chicken with the spice mix and brush with olive oil on both sides.
7. Bake the chicken. Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
You can also fry these stuffed chicken breast on a cast iron skillet on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side, and then finish it by baking at 400ºF for another 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 170ºF.
Useful Tips & Tricks
- Seal the pockets with toothpicks to the cheese from oozing out too much, but, DON’T forget to remove the toothpicks! I like using fishbone pliers or tweezers to do this job.
- Make sure you don’t cut your chicken breast all the way through, just enough to create a pocket.
- Use your favorite chicken seasoning. I am using a combination of paprika, cumin powder, chili powder, and salt, but you are free to experiment and try different seasonings.
- You can add some sun-dried tomatoes or roasted peppers to the spinach mixture. Add a touch of red pepper flakes for some heat, if desired.
Storing And Reheating Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store it in a glass meal prep airtight container to prevent drying out.
To reheat in the oven, place the chicken in a baking dish, add a little water, cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake at 300ºF for 7 minutes. Let it rest for 5 more minutes, under the lid, and serve.
To reheat on the stovetop, place the chicken onto the skillet, add a little water, and cover with a tight lid. Cook on very low heat for about 10 minutes, turning once and adding more water, if necessary.
Cooking this chicken in an Air Fryer
If you want to cook these stuffed breasts in the air fryer, you'll need to place the stuffed fillets onto a disposable parchment tray liner, and then air fry for 20 minutes at 400ºF.
I hope you enjoy this wonderful and easy chicken dinner with your family and it becomes a regular around your dinner table. Serve it with a side salad for a wonderful meal. Dinner time is the best place to make wonderful memories!
This easy recipe is one of my family's favorites, and I have a feeling you'll enjoy it too, so give it a try, friends!
You'll Also Enjoy These Tasty Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken and Yellow Rice Skillet
- Three-Cheese Chicken
- Easy Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
- Amazing Mustard Chicken Tenders
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Mix all of the seasoning ingredients together and set aside.2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. cumin powder, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. chili powder
- Roughly chop the baby spinach and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, feta, and mozzarella. Massage the spinach with your hands, until well combined (it should look like thick paste).4 oz. fresh baby spinach, 4 oz. cream cheese, 2 oz. feta cheese crumbles, 2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.4 chicken breasts
- Divide the spinach stuffing into four equal parts and spoon it into the chicken pockets. Using toothpicks, secure the stuffing inside.
- Generously season the chicken with the spice mix and brush with olive oil on both sides.2 tbsp. olive oil
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.