This Skinny Cabbage Salad is the perfect recipe for summer: light, fresh, healthy and soooo easy to make. Oh! And it helps you lose pounds too!
This is probably the healthiest salad ever! In addition to being low-cal and delicious, this cabbage salad has a lot of health benefits that should not be disregarded. Cabbage is one of the healthiest vegetables you can find. Close to 500 studies have been conducted that shows cabbage has powerful properties that can prevent and fight cancer. Cabbage is also very beneficial to our digestive system and cardiovascular health. So to sum it up, dear friends: EAT MORE CABBAGE!
I've grown up eating a lot of cabbage. It is a very valued vegetable in Ukraine. We eat fresh cabbage salads (like this one) and we also sauté the cabbage and pickle it for winter. Although I enjoy all cabbage recipes, my favorite one is this simple and tasty cabbage salad.
- 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- ⅓ cup finely chopped dill
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE SALAD?
- To make this wonder-salad you’ll need to slice the cabbage into strips just like you would for coleslaw. Add some shredded carrots, finely chopped dill and some salt. After that you need to “massage” the cabbage with salt. This helps to soften the cabbage and add a nice texture.
- Add some olive oil and pepper to the salad and give it a final stir. Now you have a healthy, crunchy and tasty salad ready!
I like to serve this cabbage salad with boiled potatoes, rice or quinoa. But this salad makes a great side to almost any dish. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. Stay healthy, friends!
Skinny Cabbage Salad
- In a large bowl add the cabbage, carrots and dill. Sprinkle the salt on top.
- "Massage" the salad for 4-5 minutes to soften the cabbage and allow it to develop a nice texture.
- Add olive oil and pepper and stir everything together.