This Scrambled Egg Toast is so easy to make, filling, and so incredibly tasty, that it is going to make your morning better. Guaranteed.
Good morning, dear readers! I have a special breakfast treat for you today – The Best Scrambled Egg Toast recipe! It is one of the most loved recipes in my family and for a good reason. It is SCRUMPTIOUS. What could make a better way to start your day than a tasty scrambled egg on top of crunchy, buttery toast?
WHAT MAKES THIS EGG TOAST RECIPE THE BEST?
There is a secret ingredient that takes the scrambled eggs from good to super tasty. It is feta cheese. Feta adds a wonderful texture and improves the taste of scrambled eggs. Of course, you’ll want to use a good-quality feta cheese. Try to find the kind that is sold in bricks, not crumbles. If you’d like, you can order feta cheese from Amazon.
HOW TO MAKE EGG TOAST:
1. Spread a thin layer of softened butter on both sides of the bread. Fry the bread on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden a crust forms.
2. Remove the bread from the frying pan and add 1/2 tbsp. of butter. Add the eggs and feta cheese and cook, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
3. Divide the eggs between the bread slices and sprinkle with freshly chopped dill or parsley.
4. Make yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy The Best Scrambled Egg Toast.
THE BEST SCRAMBLED EGG TOAST FAQ
- What kind of bread to use for Egg Toast? Use your favorite kind! White, wheat, whole grain, rye, pumpernickel will work in this recipe. Feeling fancy this morning? Use croissant instead. 🙂
- Where to find good quality feta cheese? I recommend buying sheep’s feta cheese that is sold in bricks and stored in brine. I buy it from a local Bulgarian store, but it is good feta cheese is sold in many large supermarkets and health food stores. Just look around the cheese section or ask store associate to help you out. You can also order feta cheese from Amazon.
- How to customize this Egg Toast? If you feel adventurous this morning, place a slice of mozzarella on the bread before adding the eggs. You may also enjoy adding some tomatoes or roasted peppers to the eggs. Oh! And a slice of avocado on top fits really well!
Let me know how you liked this easy, yet so tasty, breakfast. My family is enjoying it at least two times a week. I hope you all have a wonderful morning!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THE BEST SCRAMBLED EGG TOAST
The Best Scrambled Egg Toast
- 2 slices bread (I use white, sourdough bread)
- 1/2 tbsp butter, plus more to butter the bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup good quality feta cheese crumbles
- chopped parsley or dill to garnish
- Spread a thin layer of softened butter on both sides of the bread. Fry the bread on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden a crust forms.
- Remove the bread from the frying pan and add 1/2 tbsp. of butter. Add the eggs and feta cheese and cook, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
- Divide the eggs between the bread slices and sprinkle with freshly chopped dill or parsley.
- Make yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy The Best Scrambled Egg Toast.
YOU’D DEFINITELY ENJOY THESE:
PERFECT SCRAMBLED EGGS by Cooktoria
BUCKWHEAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS by Sunkissed Kitchen
EGG AND SAUSAGE STUFFED PEPPERS by The Endless Meal