This Salmon Pasta with Spinach is a deliciously easy pasta recipe with chunks of tender salmon and spinach in a scrumptious, creamy Parmesan sauce!
If you are looking for a quick, delicious, one-pot salmon dinner, you've come to the right place! This Salmon Pasta with Spinach recipe is a staple in my family, and I am sure that after you try it, it'll become a staple in yours. Made in under 30 minutes!
HOW TO CHOOSE SALMON
Under the Country of Origin Labeling law, the USDA requires all retailers to list product origins and the method of production (farm-raised or wild-caught) for seafood. When shopping for salmon, choose a wild-caught variety, that appears moist rather than dried out, since moisture content is a great indicator of freshness and how carefully the fish was handled. Look for bright pink colors and avoid pale-looking fish.
WHAT KIND OF PASTA TO USE
Your favorite kind! Seriously, use any pasta you love and have on hand. Penne, fettuccine, campanelle, ziti, and rigatoni are among my favorites. I would just recommend avoiding very small pasta varieties, such as orzo, stortini, ditalini, etc. Those are best for soups.
WHAT KIND OF SPINACH TO USE
I always recommend using fresh baby spinach. Is it tender and very tasty. You can always freeze the leftovers. The leftovers can also be used for smoothies, such as this Spinach Smoothie or Cherry-Spinach Smoothie.
I stay away from the store-bought frozen spinach bags, because they have a lot of spinach stems, weird texture, and funny smell.
How to make Salmon and Spinach Pasta:
1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the salmon and keep cooking for another 5-7 minutes, breaking it into flakes as it cooks.
3. Add the spinach and cook it for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
4. Add the heavy cream, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
5. Add the cooked pasta and chopped parsley. Mix everything together thoroughly.
6. Garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan. Serve.
Your filling and delicious dinner is ready! Now it's time to pour a glass of white and enjoy the dish. You weren't drinking while cooking, were you? 🙂
More Tasty Pasta Recipes:
- Creamy Seafood Pasta
- Easy Rigatoni Bolognese
- Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Chicken
- Shrimp Fettuccine
Salmon and Spinach Pasta Video-Recipe:
SALMON PASTA WITH SPINACH
- 1 lb. salmon skinless and boneless – one piece or multiple pieces
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta I use campanelle
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and keep cooking for another 5-7 minutes, breaking it into flakes as it cooks.
- Add the spinach and cook it for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta and chopped parsley. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan. Serve.