This tasty and easy Salmon Burger recipe is not to be missed! Make these on a grill or stovetop, ditch the bun, and serve with mouthwatering Avocado Salsa. Salmon Burgers just got healthier!
When my husband tried this Salmon Burger recipe for the first time he said “Oh, wow!”. And that’s the perfect way to describe it. Flavorful, healthy and fresh, these cute little salmon burgers are a MUST TRY this summer.
And did I mention the Avocado Salsa? It works so well in this recipe and makes this recipe even healthier. Now, that I made you crave these Salmon Burgers, it’s time to get to recipe details.
Where to cook Salmon Burgers
You can cook these Salmon Burgers on the stove, using a non-stick grill skillet or on the outdoor grill for that extra smoky flavor. I have a Neoflam 11-Inch Eela Grill Pan, and it is the best skillet for stovetop grilling. The food NEVER sticks to the pan, and it’s so easy to clean. I usually cook these salmon burgers indoors, because I live in an apartment building and making BBQ on the balcony is prohibited. Oh well… 🙂
If you are grilling these burgers on the outdoor grill, remember to lightly oil grill grate and place the patties on the preheated grates to avoid sticking.
Make Your Own Breadcrumbs
I always prefer to use fresh breadcrumbs over Panko. I believe they add much better texture and flavor. To make a cup of fresh breadcrumbs, just place 4 slices of slightly stale (or frozen!) bread in a food processor and process until breadcrumbs form. Italian or regular white bread will work the best for this recipe.
The ingredients are simple and other than the fish, you probably already have the rest of ingredients on hand.
How to make Salmon Burgers:
1. Chop the salmon fillet into small pieces (about 1/4 inch) and transfer it into a medium mixing bowl. (Check how to remove the salmon skin in 3 easy step here).
2. Gently stir in the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick grill pan over medium heat. Divide the salmon mixture into 6 and form neat patties (I used a 1/2 cup as a measure). Fry/grill the patties until browned on both sides and just cooked through; about 4 minutes on each side.
What to Serve with Salmon Burgers
Serve these salmon burgers on a hamburger bun, on top of a salad, in a lettuce wrap, or simply as is.
Lastly, I suggest you don’t skip the Avocado Salsa. It is SO TASTY and it pairs very well with these Salmon Burgers. Even if you choose to serve these burgers on a bun, serve the salsa on the side or smash it slightly with a fork and spread it on the bun as well. Let me know how you enjoyed these tasty Salmon Burgers, friends!
I bet you’ll love these too:
Salmon Burgers Video Tutorial
Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- 1 lb salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt, pepper
- olive oil for greasing the pan or grill
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the salmon fillet into small pieces (about 1/4 inch) and transfer it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick grill pan over medium heat. Divide the salmon mixture into 6 and form neat patties (I used a 1/2 cup as a measure). Fry/grill the patties until browned on both sides and just cooked through; about 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together and mix well.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.