This Roasted Pumpkin Salad is easy to make, delicious, and healthy. The flavors of the lemon dressing pair so well with the sweet pumpkin!
This salad is one of the things I love about fall. It is just very simple, yet worthy of a special occasion. The classic lemon and olive oil dressing, and the sweetness of freshly roasted pumpkin make an unforgettable combo. I am sure you are excited to try it!
Let’s talk a little bit about PUMPKIN!
WHAT KIND OF PUMPKIN TO USE
Although all ingredients are important, the star ingredient in this Roasted Pumpkin Salad recipe is, of course, pumpkin. So, the end result will depend heavily on how good your pumpkin is. When shopping for pumpkins, look for the ones usually labeled “sugar pumpkins” or “sweet pumpkins.” Cinderella and Fairytale Pumpkins are best for roasting because they hold their shape nicely. They are usually quite large in size, but you may be able to find these pumpkins cut and sold by pieces at your local produce store. If not, you can bake the leftovers and make homemade pumpkin puree. You can also try making this salad with Baby Pam, Ghost Rider, Autumn Gold, Lumina, or New England Pie pumpkins. And while we are on the subject, please try my Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, you’ll be very impressed!
1. Heat up a large, non-stick griddle on medium-high heat. Fry the pumpkin without any oil, for about 3 minutes on each side, until it gets brown marks and softens.
2. In the meantime, prepare the dressing by whisking the ingredients together.
3. Place the roasted pumpkin into a large bowl, add garlic, and pour the dressing on top. Mix well. Serve warm or cold.
Don’t skip this Roasted Pumpkin Salad recipe and give it a try. I am sure you and your family will love it! When you do try it, share your feedback and ENJOY!!!
Try these delicious pumpkin recipes:
- 2 lbs. sweet pumpkin cut into thin pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large, non-stick griddle on medium-high heat. Fry the pumpkin without any oil, for about 3 minutes on each side, until it gets brown marks and softens.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by whisking the dressing ingredients together.
- Place the roasted pumpkin into a large bowl, add garlic and pour the dressing on top. Mix well. Serve warm or cold.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER