How’s your summer going so far, guys? It is definitely flying by fast for me! I haven’t even gotten a chance to go to the beach yet, and I only live one block away from the beautiful and cold Atlantic Ocean. Yeah, there is always something going on and I don’t get enough “me” time. I had been planning my wedding, which was small, but still took a lot of my time. Then, trying to catch up with my blog.
I also set some goals for this summer that I am trying hard to accomplish. But I will definitely have a full day off and go strawberry or cherry picking with Stan. We really enjoy this activity and there are a lot of farms here in NJ. OK, it’s decided, we will go on Monday.
I had a craving for eggs this morning. It doesn’t happen very often because grains and fruits are usually my first choice. But today, when I woke up, I knew the omelette was the way to go. I happened to have some roasted peppers in the fridge and I always have feta cheese, so this was a no-brainer. By the way, that’s how Bulgarian people enjoy their breakfast. Did I mention in my previous posts that my husband is Bulgarian? So I better know these recipes.
I decided to add a spoonful of hummus for extra flavor and prettiness. And, of course, you are welcome to add some asparagus, mushrooms, spinach or other favorite toppings.
ROASTED PEPPER OMELETTE
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peppers
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves (optional)
- 4 tbsp hummus to serve
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Grease the baking dish (about 7 inches in diameter) with butter. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Beat the eggs with roasted peppers, feta, dill and thyme. Transfer the egg mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool a few minutes and cut it into four slices. Top each slice with a tablespoon of hummus and some fresh thyme or dill.