These Roasted Baby Potatoes have a deliciously creamy texture with just the right mix of herbs and spices. This scrumptious side will make any main course even better.
Roasted Baby Potatoes are such a tasty side dish to add to your meals. These creamy little potatoes have a wonderful texture and flavor that is even better after roasting in the oven until they are golden brown. Spices and fresh herbs bring these potatoes to another level and they're savory and aromatic when they're served. These baby potatoes will go really well with whatever your main course is.
This recipe is a breeze and makes a side that everyone will enjoy. Unlike other types of potatoes, these baby potatoes keep a moist and creamy texture that even kids will enjoy, especially with these flavorful seasonings. Different variations can be used to suit anyone's tastes, but here are the main ingredients you'll need.
- Baby Potatoes. Waxy and creamy, baby potatoes are what you need for this recipe. You can use baby Yukon or baby Red Bliss potatoes.
- Olive Oil. Or another oil of your choice.
- Oregano. Or dried mint can be used.
- Garlic. Or use garlic powder instead, if preferred.
- Paprika. For a touch of color and smoky flavor.
- Salt + Pepper. Use these seasonings to taste.
How to make these Roasted Baby Potatoes
1. Wash your baby potatoes thoroughly and cut them in half (you'll need pieces that are about 1 ½″ in size).
2. Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes and then drain the water.
3. Add the olive oil, oregano, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper to the drained potatoes and toss everything together gently.
4. Transfer the potatoes to a large parchment-lined baking pan and place cut side down. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes or until the sides facing the pan are golden. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Serve hot.
Substitutions and Add-ins
- Try them tangy. Using lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and Italian seasoning can give these potatoes a tangy flavor. Dip them in some tzatziki sauce to finish.
- Add rosemary and thyme. These fresh herbs give a lot of delicious flavor to these roasted baby potatoes. Dried herbs work, too.
- Use other vegetables. Along with the potatoes, you can also roast other vegetables, like broccoli, brussels sprouts, or carrots. Just be aware that they may roast at a different speed than the potatoes.
How to Make these in an Air Fryer
If you want to try these Baby Potatoes in the air fryer, you can! Just cut the raw potatoes to size, pat them dry, and then toss them with the olive oil, herbs, and spices. Then cook them in an air fryer at 400°F for 20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. They should be tender and golden by this point, so you can serve them immediately.
What to Serve Roasted Baby Potatoes with
- Alongside a Protein. These potatoes can be served with eggs and bacon for breakfast, or with your favorite protein at dinner, such as Spinach Stuffed Flounder, Sofritas, Cuban Pulled Pork, or Creamy Mushroom Chicken.
- With Vegetables. Try these with Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry, Cauliflower Steaks with Marinara, and Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- With Dip. Roasted Baby Potatoes can be dipped into any of your favorite sauces, including melted butter, Tzatziki Sauce, Cashew Sauce, or Ranch.
- In Tacos or Burritos. Skip the meat and make a vegetarian burrito or taco with these potatoes diced up with all the fixings.
How to Store and Reheat
Store these Roasted Baby Potatoes in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for about 3-5 days. You can also freeze them once they are cooled in a ziplock bag or airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw them completely before reheating. When you are almost ready to serve them, place the potatoes on a baking pan to reheat in the oven until warmed through.
These Roasted Baby Potatoes are a tasty side dish with lots of flavor. Herbs and spices make these tender, creamy potatoes delicious and great for pairing with other family favorites. This easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights, holiday meals, and weekend brunches. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
More tasty potato recipes to try:
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Potatoes with Mushrooms
Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 3 lbs. baby potatoes (Yukon Gold or Red Bliss)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¾ tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper or to taste
- Wash your baby potatoes thoroughly and cut them in half (you'll need pieces that are about 1 ½″ in size).
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes and then drain the water.
- Add the olive oil, oregano, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper to the drained potatoes and toss everything together gently.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large parchment-lined baking pan and place cut side down. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes or until the sides facing the pan are golden. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Serve hot.