Refreshing and bright, this Red Cabbage and Corn Salad makes a perfect lunch or side dish. It comes together in minutes and is full of flavor!
This post has been sponsored by Del Monte Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Crunchy red cabbage, succulent corn, and tender chicken are mixed in creamy dressing. Who can resist this healthy and colorful salad? I know I can’t. That’s why I am making it weekly and can’t get enough of it.
You know what else is great about this salad? You can serve it in red cabbage leaves to add some extra color and skip the dishes. This makes a beautiful presentation and saves time—making this dish perfect for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. I love serving this recipe during the holidays because it so so pretty on my table and my friends and family can’t get enough! It is also very easy to make this salad. Besides the dressing ingredients, you’ll need a small red cabbage, a can of Del Monte® Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn, and some leftover chicken.
Even though it is one of the healthiest vegetables around, we don’t consume enough red cabbage. It is easy to find, as it is sold in most grocery stores and farmer’s markets. For this salad, you’ll need a small head of fresh red cabbage.
I use canned corn, since fresh corn is not in season. I recommend using Del Monte Sweet Whole Kernel Corn, since it is the best canned corn on the market. Del Monte’s products are picked at the peak of freshness, and they are delicious & convenient. This brand has been farming for over 130 years. I love that Del Monte canned corn has only three ingredients: corn, water, and sea salt. The corn is non-GMO, and grown in the US by local farmers and packed within 75 miles of the farm where they are picked. Del Monte products are always the highest quality and I have been loyal to this brand for many years. Their products can be found at your local grocery store or supercenter. Use this handy store locator to find the nearest store or buy online.
Use any leftover cooked chicken in this recipe. Grilled, boiled, fried, and rotisserie chicken will work well.
How to Make Red Cabbage and Corn Salad
1. In a small bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Cut out the cabbage core. Gently remove 4-5 outer leaves, rinse, and reserve for later.
3. Quarter and finely shred the cabbage. Place it into a large bowl.
4. Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
5. Drain the liquid out of the corn.
6. Add the chopped chicken and corn to the bowl with the shredded red cabbage, and pour the dressing on top. Mix well.
7. Divide the salad between the reserved leaves and serve immediately.
NOTE: This salad could be prepared in advance. Store the prepared salad ingredients and the dressing separately in the refrigerator for up to two days. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well right before serving.
I can’t wait to hear how you enjoyed the salad, friends. Besides making a quick and filling lunch, this Red Cabbage and Corn Salad will also be a great addition to your holiday table.
Follow this link to find Del Monte Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn near you.
Visit Del Monte’s collection of holiday recipes here.
Red Cabbage and Corn Salad Video Tutorial
Red Cabbage and Corn Salad
- 1/3 cup good-quality mayo
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. vinegar regular or apple cider
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp. salt
- 1 small red cabbage about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 1 can 14.75 oz. Del Monte Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 lb. of cooked chicken boiled, baked, or rotisserie
- In a small bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cut out the cabbage core. Gently remove 4-5 outer leaves, rinse, and reserve for later.
- Quarter and finely shred the cabbage. Place it into a large bowl.
- Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the liquid out of the corn.
- Add the chopped chicken and corn to the bowl with the shredded red cabbage, and pour the dressing on top. Mix well.
- Divide the salad between the reserved leaves and serve immediately.