This Zucchini Pizza on Bread is unbelievably simple and very tasty! It takes only 30 minutes to make!
I have always loved zucchini. I like simple fried zucchini rings, zucchini fritters and zucchini soup… Today I present to you another delicious way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. I am not sure I gave this recipe the right name, but Zucchini Pizza on Bread sounds like the best option.
I’ve been experimenting with a lot of zucchini recipes this past week, and this Zucchini Pizza is definitely a winner. I ate some maybe 4-5 hours ago and I am craving some more as I write this post and upload the photos. 🙂 Tender zucchini mixed with gooey mozzarella cheese on crispy bread with garlic aroma… YES, PLEASE!
You can also make it as individual sandwiches instead, by using just a regular sliced bread and not the 1/2 loaf of bread like I did. Whichever option you pick, you’ll be satisfied with the result.
To prepare this Zucchini Pizza on Bread you’ll need:
- 3 cups of shredded zucchini (liquid squeezed out)
- 1 heaping cup of shredded mozzarella + 1/2 cup reserved for later
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (or dill)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 large loaf of bread
Let’s prepare the zucchini topping first.
1) Place all the ingredients, except the bread and extra cheese, into a medium-sized mixing bowl. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Mix everything together.
3) Spread the zucchini topping on the bread evenly.
4) Bake this Zucchini Pizza for about 20 minutes at 350F. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
5) Return the pizza to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes, until the cheese melts.
6) Cut into slices and enjoy!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, friends! My husband told me he would like me to make this every week. That’s quite a compliment. 🙂