This Spinach Feta Egg Bake is truly an ultimate breakfast! Filled with lots of colors and so much flavor, it’ll become your favorite in no time.
How about this scrumptious Spinach Feta Egg Bake for breakfast? Soft, sautéed onions with spinach, covered with beaten eggs, crunchy bacon, and creamy feta cheese… Mmm… I am drooling as I write this.
I have always loved the combination of feta cheese and spinach. Besides the traditional Greek Spanakopita, I also love this Spanakopita Quesadilla and Easy Spanakopita Bites. If you have extra spinach and feta on hand, don’t hesitate and give these a try.
Let’s talk about the ingredients.
I always prefer using fresh baby spinach in my recipes. It is softer, has less stems, and it doesn’t even require chopping. However, regular and frozen spinach will work as well. Chop the fully-grown spinach into small pieces, removing the bottom stems. If you’re using frozen spinach, thaw it first and squeeze out most of the liquid (the rest will evaporate during cooking). Also, when cooking with frozen spinach, add a tablespoon of butter. This will prevent the Egg Bake from sticking to the skillet.
Oh, the feta. You can find a good feta cheese in big health food stores. You will need the kind that is sold in bricks, not the crumbles. I buy it from a local Bulgarian store, here in NJ, but it is possible to order it online from the same store or order it from Amazon . Once you get your hands on a good-quality feta, you’ll be addicted, much like my family is. 🙂
Here is the full ingredient list:
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 lb. of fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 of a large onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a little salt and pepper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet on high heat. Add the bacon pieces and cook until golden brown. Reduce the heat to medium, remove the bacon, and set aside.
3. To the same skillet, add diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add spinach and a little salt. Cook for about 3 minutes. (Note: the liquids from the spinach will help to deglaze the pan.) Remove the skillet from the heat.
4. Pour the eggs over the spinach. With the help of a spoon or spatula, try to break up the clumps of spinach so that the egg mixture covers the spinach evenly.
5. Sprinkle the bacon and feta cheese crumbles on top.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
Still have cooking questions? Check out the video below or drop me a comment. Enjoy your Spinach Feta Egg Bake, friends!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SPINACH FETA EGG BAKE
PIN THIS RECIPE