Layered with flavorful pesto, gooey cheese and roasted peppers, this Roasted Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich makes a perfect lunch that everyone will love.
Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich? It is so crunchy, gooey, flavorful and filling. I decided to add a few simple ingredients to take this deliciousness to the next level. Are you excited? That’s right, we are having Roasted Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich for lunch today. 🙂
Sometimes an addition of even one ingredient can make a big difference on the whole recipe. I believe that pesto sauce and roasted peppers are the best two things you can put on a grilled cheese sandwich. They just add so much flavor and color!
Even though I often make pesto at home, this time I used Rana Basil Pesto and it tasted great. They sell it at Walmart and many grocery stores, so keep your eyes open. Roasted peppers could also be purchased at any store, or it’s super easy to roast some peppers at home. If you’ll have some leftovers, try my Roasted Pepper Omelette, Macaroni with Roasted Pepper Sauce or this 5-Minute Tortilla Pizza with Roasted Peppers.
Now, let’s get to work and make a Roasted Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich! You’ll need:
- 4 slices of bread (I used Jewish Rye Bread by Pepperidge Farms)
- 6 oz. shredded Muenster cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 medium roasted pepper, chopped
- approx. 1 tbsp. softened butter
1. Spread a thin layer of butter onto bread slices.
2. Flip the slices over and spread some pesto sauce on the other side.
3. Add cheese on one side of the bread, then chopped roasted peppers and a little more cheese on top.
4. Place the other slice of bread on top. Place the sandwich(es) in a large, non-stick skillet and fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side on medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Feel free to alter the ingredient quantities in this recipe. Put as much cheese as you like and you can add some extra pesto as well. Hope you’ll enjoy this Roasted Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich as much as I did!