Delicious Chickpea Lentil Pasta, tossed with rich sun-dried tomato sauce and grilled chicken, and topped with mozzarella — it makes a nutritious and healthy dinner for the whole family!
This post has been sponsored by Chickapea Pasta. All opinions are my own.
I love everything about this dish. The creamy sun-dried tomato sauce, the tender grilled chicken, the gooey mozzarella, and the wholesome Chickpea Lentil Pasta. All of the ingredients play really well together, creating the ultimate dinner treat. Oh yes, you are going to love this Chicken Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce, too!
In this recipe, I am using my newest obsession — Chickapea Penne Pasta. It is so much more than just a pasta. Made with only 2 ingredients (organic lentil flour and organic chickpea flour) this gluten-free, vegan, organic penne has 27 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber per serving! This is the kind of pasta you can eat without any guilt and feel confident that you are feeding your family the best meal possible. That’s right, kids love it, too!
Chickapea Pasta comes in different shapes: spirals, shells, and penne. I chose to use penne in this recipe, although other shapes will work just as well. Once you get your hands on this tasty/healthy pasta, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and start cooking! You are in for a great dinner tonight. 🙂
The ingredient list isn’t long:
- 2 packages of Chickapea Penne
- 1 lb. / 500 g. of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup / 30 g. of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (oil drained)
- 1 tbsp. / 15g. of olive oil (I use oil from sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml. of water
- 1/4 tsp. / 1.5 g. of red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml. of half & half
- 1/2 cup / 65 g. parmesan cheese
- 1 cup / 130g. of shredded mozzarella
- Fresh thyme, to garnish
1. Start by blending the sun-dried tomatoes with water until a smooth puree forms (it should have the consistency of sour cream). Once ready, set aside.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a large, nonstick skillet, heat up 1 tbsp. of olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar and fry the chicken slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
5. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil, and cook Chickapea penne for 3-5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
6. To prepare the sauce, place the sun-dried tomato puree, red pepper flakes, garlic, half & half, and parmesan into a large skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook it for about 1 minute.
7. Add the chicken pieces and penne to the sauce and mix everything well.
8. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and broil for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley, and serve immediately.
And now, your delicious, filling, and wholesome dinner is ready. I just cannot wait to hear your feedback, friends! Please, snap a quick photo of your creation and share it on Instagram with #cooktoria, I always enjoy checking out what you cook.
Watch How to Make Chicken Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
PIN THIS RECIPE