This quick and tasty one-pot Chicken Mushroom Spaghetti makes a filling and elegant dinner in just 30 minutes!
Chicken and mushrooms are my two favorite dinner ingredients of all time, so it’s no wonder I love this Chicken Mushroom Spaghetti so much. It is a simple, yet delicious, dish that everyone in my family is crazy about. I hope your family is going to enjoy it, too!
I love adding mascarpone cheese to pasta. It adds a nice taste and texture. In this Chicken Mushroom Spaghetti, the creamy mascarpone is combined with a delicious mushroom-wine sauce. Yum-yum. 🙂
Of course, you can use a different kind of pasta, or even try it with shrimp instead of chicken. I am sure that the results won’t disappoint, either way.
To make this tasty dish you’ll need:
- 1/2 lb. of uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb. of chicken breast (or thighs), cut into medium pieces
- 1 lb. of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 of a large onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 6 oz. of mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 tsp. of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup of semi-sweet white wine
- 2 tbsp. of chopped basil (or parsley)
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with Old Bay Seasoning and fry it in olive oil, on medium heat, for 4-5 minutes on each side, until just cooked-through.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. To the same pan, add the butter and onion, and cook for 5 minutes, until the onion softens and starts to turn a golden color.
3. Add mushrooms and a little salt, and cook for another 5 minutes. After that, add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the mascarpone and the reserved chicken, stir, and keep cooking for another 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has melted and heated through. Taste the sauce, and add more salt, if necessary.
5. Add the spaghetti and basil, and mix everything well.
6. Serve immediately. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes