Simple, yet so delicious, this Cheesy Tortellini with Mushrooms makes a quick and filling dinner for the entire family to enjoy!
This is one of those recipes that requires minimum time, effort, and ingredients, yet yields wonderful results. Creamy, flavorful mushrooms mixed with cheese tortellini and topped with more cheese… Yes, please!
I cook with mushrooms quite often. They make a perfect meat substitute and add so much flavor to dishes. If you are also a mushroom fan, check out my most popular mushroom recipes – Vegetarian Meatballs and Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Feta.
I prefer using cheese tortellini in the recipe I am sharing with you today, but I think the chicken or spinach kind will work just as well. Let’s get to work and start cooking this Cheesy Tortellini with Mushrooms!
- 1 (20 oz.) package of cheese tortellini
- 1 lb. of baby bella or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the mushrooms in butter on a high heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid completely evaporates and the mushrooms start to brown slightly.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Add the heavy cream, thyme, and salt and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and mix together well.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top. Cover with a tight lid and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.
5. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
I enjoy this cheesy tortellini with a garden salad and a glass of wine on the side. What would you serve it with?
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHEESY TORTELLINI WITH MUSHROOMS
PIN THIS RECIPE