This recipe is classic. It’s a simple and filling vegetarian dinner. I haven’t cooked it for so long, but I feel very pleased that it crossed my mind.
I am really happy I have Cooktoria now so that I can finally keep all my recipes organized in one place — and share them with you guys, of course. You know where I kept (and am still keeping) my recipes? In my mind! Crazy, I know. I’ve forgotten my recipes so many times already because of that. And, after a couple of years, they come back to me and make me excited. So, hopefully in the future, this blog will become a virtual cookbook for you and me, where no recipe is forgotten and they are all always at our fingertips.
Next on my list is to try using coconut milk instead of half and half in this recipe. I bet it would be very good too. Or, maybe some of you, my friends, will be the first to try it and share the results?
POTATOES WITH MUSHROOMS
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 large onion sliced thinly
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 large potatoes cut into 1/4 thick pieces
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup water
- to taste salt and pepper
- to garnish chopped dill
- On a large griddle, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes. Add wine and keep cooking until it evaporates.
- Add potatoes to the mushrooms and keep frying, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add half and half, water, some salt and pepper and reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.